Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Counting Sheep Works!



Sometimes I lay awake at night, trying to fall asleep, but I never can. It frustrates me, so I try silly things that people tell me that might help. Sometimes I'll try a muscle relaxation thing to try and relax me. That only works some of the time. Then one time I decided to experiment and tried counting sheep- only to find that it actually works! That is- if you do it correctly. It takes a lot of concentration and focus. You have to picture in your mind a field with a fence, and have multiple sheep jump over it. Then you have to count each and every one of the sheep and you cannot stop or let your mind wander, or it won't work. If you completely focus, you should be able to fall asleep. I think what happens is your using your brain and concentrating really hard, so when you finally stop you become more tired. Research shows that counting sheep can make a person focus, but relax at the same time. So next time you can't sleep but need to sleep, try counting sheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment